- Asia mostly higher heels of US strength, calming words from Fed governors yesterday, and less concern about imminent tapering by the Fed.
- Nikkei up 3.5% on mixed economic data....household spending missed, CPI inline, and retail sales and ind prod missed.
- China...PBoC official calms markets saying economy is now in check. SHIBOR < 5%.
- European data mixed...markets giving ground.
- US Tsys had rallied overnight, but early hours saw selling, pushing 10s up in yield to 2.528% from 2.48% earlier. Equity futures give up gains and turn negative.
- Fed's Lacher 'doubts more stimulus effective'
- Fed's Stein mentions September as possible tapering date
(Sign up to "Follow by Email"! And share with others!)
(Please note: This article is solely meant to be thought provoking and is not in any way meant to be personal investment advice. Each investor is obligated to opine and decide for themselves as to the appropriateness of anything said in this article to their unique financial profile, risk tolerances and portfolio goals).
Disclaimer: Please read and consider important information related to all communication made by Soos Global on this site by clicking here.
Additional Disclaimer: currently long many stocks/ETFs. Positions may change at any time without notice.