- China...Official PMI fell to 50.1 in June fr 50.8 in May..lowest in four mths! (though slightly bte). HSBC/Markit PMI confirmed @ 48.2, lowest since 9/12 and down from May's 49.2
- China..money mkt rates come down...calmer markets....5.4% currently, down from peak of 11% in June.
- Japan..Tankan (qrtly business survey)..bte (better than expected)..optimism outweighed pessimism...first time since 9/11. Nikkei rallies over 1%.
- South Korea...industrial output fell....exports fell...Kospi off.
- Australia lower....banks and miners lower ahead of BoA meeting on Tuesday. Also on China weak data.
- India...PMI bte. Also, above average monsoon rains raising expectations of bumper summer crop, and in turn reducing food inflaiton
- Gold rallied over 1%, along w/other metals. Bonds firmed.
- Eurozone..PMI data generally positive! esp in peripheries.
- Eurozone unemployment hits record....12.1%. Spain and Greece highest @ just under 27%!!
- Central Bank meeting this week...Australia Tues, ECB Thursday. Bk of England, first under new Gov Carney, Thursday.
- US..Corn pxes fell Friday on release by Dept of Ag showing higher than expected expectations by farmers re corn planting. Wet spring had led to expectations of lower crop plantings. Surprise to the upside.
- US NFP on Friday!
- US final mftg PMI wte..@ 51.9, down fr last mth and slowest since 10/12. Employment moved to <50 (contraction)
- US June ISM bte and up fr last month!
(Sign up to "Follow by Email"! And share with others!)
(Please note: This article is solely meant to be thought provoking and is not in any way meant to be personal investment advice. Each investor is obligated to opine and decide for themselves as to the appropriateness of anything said in this article to their unique financial profile, risk tolerances and portfolio goals).
Disclaimer: Please read and consider important information related to all communication made by Soos Global on this site by clicking here.
Additional Disclaimer: currently long many stocks/ETFs. Positions may change at any time without notice.